Grant Application Process and Guidelines
Applying for a grant from The David Bohnett Foundation is a three-stage process.
Stage 1: Eligibility
Determine your organization's eligibility. All eligible organizations must have a 501(c)(3) IRS designation and must fit within the David Bohnett Foundation planned giving areas listed below.
- LGBT Community
- National and local organizations that serve the needs of the LGBT Community.
- Educational, research, and recreational opportunities for the local LGBT community via access to the Internet.
- Gun Violence Prevention
- The reduction of gun violence and promotion of prevention policies that keep all Americans safe.
- Voter registration and education.
- Animal language research, service animals and eliminating rare animal trade.
Please also note that The David Bohnett Foundation does not accept grant applications or inquires for the following:
- Videos or other film productions
- Organizations outside the US
Stage 2: Letter of Inquiry
Please submit a letter of inquiry, no longer than two pages, through our online grant application website by clicking on the link to the right. (for new applicants only — existing applicants may update and submit LOIs in-progress by logging back into their account from the link at the top of this page)
You will then need to await a response to your Letter of Inquiry before proceeding to stage-three.
Stage 3: Application
If your Letter of Inquiry is accepted, you will be invited to complete and submit stage-three of the application by the appropriate due date listed to the right.